10 December 2011

pick your own flavor : two custom orders

I was delighted to receive a convo (message on Etsy) from someone about doing a custom order.  She liked two of the hoop art in my store: vanilla cream and pink scoop, but she wanted to customize them to fit the color scheme of her kitchen as well as her family's favorite flavors. I loved the idea of creating two new pieces just for her. So once we decided on the colors of felt, buttons and embroidery thread, I went to work.

So here are the original pieces (both still available in the store):

pink scoop
vanilla cream

After I completed the embroidery and felt pieces, all I had to do was choose the button for each one. I had several options for each hoop, so I sent the customer a few photos to let her make the final decision.




And here are the final pieces with the buttons she chose:



As you can see, the overall design is the same. Just the color of the button, thread and "flavor" of the ice-cream cone changed. Like I said, it was so much fun working on these as well as collaborating with the customer. So if you want to do a custom piece, just let me know! You can convo me at Etsy, leave me a comment here or email me at cayla73 at yahoo dot com. I'd be happy to work with you!

Pin It!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you think! I love reading your comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...