23 February 2012

DIY: Grab a Button!

Do you have a blog?
Do you want others to know about it?
Do you love to support other blogs that you love?
Have you ever seen "Grab a Button" on one of your favorite blogs or websites?

If you answered Yes to any or all of the above, this post might interest you.

I recently made a little blog button. Essentially a blog ad. It's 150 x 150 pixels. That's pretty small, but it needs to be small enough to fit on a sidebar of a blog. I used a couple photos showing my products (embroidery hoop art) and a couple lines of text. Very simple thing to do in Photoshop or PSE. I also added a stroke (black outline) to make it stand out against the white background. I'm not a graphic designer by any means, but I do like to fiddle around with Photoshop.




Now, I'd love to share it with you! If you look on the sidebar on the right you'll see "Grab a Catshy Crafts Button" with my little ad and a bunch of HTML code below that.

All you need to do is copy all the code. (Click and drag from the very beginning of the code until the end. Once it's all highlighted (every last bit), Hit CTRL-C to copy,). Then, if you're using Blogger, log in and go to the Layout page. Click on "Add a Gadget" and select HTML/JavaScript.  Now paste the code (hit CTRL-V) into the text area. The code that you copied should now be there. You can leave the "Title" area blank or add one if you like. Hit Save and you're done!

Now you'll have a cute little ad on your blog. Plus, when you click on the ad it will take you back to my shop ;) Yup, the ad is clickable and linkable!

If you'd like to make your "Grab A Button" for your own blog or website, check out this tutorial or this one.

Hope this was helpful!




Pin It!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you think! I love reading your comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...