16 February 2013

Visiting Crafty Wonderland in Portland




On the way home from a snow-dusted Christmas in the hills of Ashland, Oregon, my family and made a wonderful detour in Portland.

A glimpse of our Christmas in Ashland, Oregon: snowball making, gingerbread house-decorating + heart-shaped bokeh fun.
























The detour was not to take in the usual tourist attractions one might find in this beautiful Pacific Northwest city known for its beautiful roses. It wasn't a rose garden or museum or even an opportunity to grab some coffee during our long road trip home.





It was this place. Crafty Wonderland, self-proclaimed arts and crafts extravaganza!  And it was well worth it, even if we had to kill some time in the cafe next door sipping lattes and hot chocolate (so I guess we did get our caffeine fix anyway).


More beautiful things that caught my eye at Crafty Wonderland


What started as a pop-up shop for the beloved Crafty Wonderland craft fair has become a permanent fixture in downtown Portland. What I most loved about the shop, was how it felt like the most artfully arranged craft fair I've ever been too - without the crowds. On each shelf, there was something to touch and admire and coo over. And I loved that everything was hand-made by Portland artists.


The girls were drawn to these stuffed cats by chet and dot (we took two home!) and this felt cat in its own sleeping bag.




I could easily have spent hours in the shop - taking photos and soaking up the creative inspiration. I love the eye-candy displays and the "artist of the month" wall.
And more adorable items. I love that log magnet set! So cute.

To see more of the vendors shown in this post and at the shop, please check out the Crafty Wonderland's website. If you happen to be in the Portland area, Crafty Wonderland is a must-see!




Pin It!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Looks like a lovely place to go, look around and be fully inspired! (something about filling up your creative tank;) )

Jacolien
www.stuff-to-love.blogspot.com

Cathy Pascual said...

Thanks Emily :)

Yes, I agree Jaoolien! Thanks for visiting my blog!

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you think! I love reading your comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...