14 September 2011

pretty craft show : it's my party

It's been more than a week since I had my artist's reception and I am still in awe that I even had one! You see, I never thought I would have a show of my work, let alone open an Etsy shop and host an artist's reception all in the same month. It's been quite an experience for me.
1. Hailee and me 2. A peek at the backroom. 3. Zara takes it all in. 4. Jamie and me.

The artist's reception was a casual affair held at Cupcake Royale in Bellevue on a warm Friday night of Labor Day weekend. A little over 30 people came together to celebrate my work and have a little fun. Mostly families I've met through my older daughter's co-op class, neighbors and a few of the band's friends (who technically were there to see the band play ;).

I served three varieties of cheese and crackers (all courtesy of TJs), which I labeled with my own computer-printed kraft cardstock signs on toothpicks; two box wines (also from TJs) and a few other bottles of wine (that actually went back home with us). I made a guestbook for guests to record their comment and some felt giveaways for all the attendees. I had my family my side.

One of the baristas and his band played the event, adding lots of atmosphere and eliminating that awkward silence that might occur at a party (or does that just happen at my parties?).

One of the reasons the party was fun. The live band! Plus all the kids running around on the outdoor patio :)

All in all, I shared my work with my friends, celebrated and my show and made my daughters proud. It was a fun night! (The only bummer was that my good friend and curator of the show wasn't able to make it.)

And that was my night!

p.s. In case you are reading this blog and you happen to live in the Seattle area, you can still pop in the shop and see it before it all comes down at end of business on September 30. Pick up a free felt giftie while you are there (they are located by one of the windows across from the front counter if there are any left).
Pin It!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you think! I love reading your comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...