06 December 2011

thankful tuesdays

I'm feeling extra thankful today.

I'm thankful for:
+ storytime at the library, a free and fun way to spend part of a chilly morning
+fallen leaves that give me an incentive to get outside and exercise
+my two daughters who love a good book
+husband who can cook (tonight we're having carbonara!)
+a clean house
+opportunity to create my own business and do what I love!

I'd love to dedicate Tuesdays on this blog to what I am thankful for. Why? Well, have you heard of Christine Carter? She is a "happiness expert" who wrote a book (and blog) called Raising Happiness. I love what she has to say about the subject, especially because she has research to back up what she says. Jamie and I even heard her speak at a lecture in Seattle.

She says the foundation of happiness is gratitude. And that if we want to raise happy kids, we need to pass that habit onto them. But before I do, I should practice what I preach and practice a little gratitude myself.

What are you thankful for?

Pin It!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you think! I love reading your comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...