28 May 2012

memorial day weekend (part 1)

Somehow, Memorial Day rolls around and we never seem to have any plans. It kinda just sneaks up you while you're going about your business of school and work and being a stay-at-home mom, and then wham, you have a three-day weekend on your hands with no firm plans to entertain the kiddos. Especially when our neighborhood seems like a ghost town. I felt a little out of the loop.

That being said, we still managed to have some fun (staycation style) and even get a few things done (custom order for my shop and some tasks around the house).

Saturday was a GORGEOUS day. We planned on going to the Y to do some swimming, but ended up lounging in our backyard for most the day. Reading under the shade of our elm tree. Dancing. Running in the sprinkler. Playing with our mini beach balls. Relaxing.

1. elm tree 2. playing in the sprinklers/kiddie pool 3. riding the rug 4. playing "volleyball" 5. lying on the rug shot


happy sisters


zara's own dance moves


books the girls and i were reading on Saturday. i can't really recommend lake of dreams, but for some reason I wanted to finish the dang book.

my two bookworms
dancing under the elm tree

playing volleyball/dodge ball with the mini beachballs we got last summer for Zara's birthday party


A relaxing day that ended with dinner on the patio. So far so good.....{I'll share photos from Sunday and Monday tomorrow. I have edited them yet and I'm pooped!}

Thanks for stopping by today!
Pin It!

2 comments:

Holly Knitlightly said...

Sounds like the perfect way to spend the long weekend! :) Your girls are so adorable!

RiNNE said...

great pics!

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you think! I love reading your comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...