20 November 2011

what's in a name?

personalized oval embroidery hoop
What's in a name?

It was only a matter of time before I started making personalized felt hoops. It was request I got at my art show, but I didn't get around to until now!This personalized oval embroidery hoop art is just darling, (at least my girls think so)!  I took the girls out (before raking up all our maples leaves in the driveway) to take some photos of their hoops. Zara's a pro by now! Carefully holding it by the metal clasp....

Unlike my other embroidery hoop art in the shop, this style resembles a shadowbox. I wrapped the inner frame of the hoop in a oatmeal yarn flecked with blue and brown and then embroidered the name on the recessed side. This shows off the yarn-wrapped frame and adds dimension. With a sweet bunting of flags in fuchsia, pink, purple and antique white, this piece would make an adorable name plaque for a child's room or nursery. What a great baby or shower gift! And of course Christmas or holiday gift.

Pick a color!


The hoop come in two colors choices.

Choice 1: Antique white (cream) felt background
Choice 2: Steel (charcoal grey) felt background

The bunting are the same for both choices. For the cream background I used a lilac embroidery thread. For the charcoal grey I use a fuchsia thread.

I can fit up to 8-9 letters on this size hoop. Convo me and I will make sure your desired name will fit (or use a circle hoop which has more room).

********If you are interested in different colors or sizes, please convo me and I can work with you!

Measures approximately 5.5 inches (14 cm) wide and 4 inches (10 cm) from top to bottom.

Ready to hang. The hoop has a brass screw and clasp on top that is perfect for hanging on the wall by a nail or pushpin.


Visit the rest of my shop here: http://www.etsy.com/shop/CatShyCrafts
Or read more about me here: http://www.etsy.com/people/CatShyCrafts

Thanks for looking!       

Pin It!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you think! I love reading your comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...