28 December 2011

in the shop: new items!

I have several new items in the shop and several more in the pipeline. Some are finished and just waiting to be photographed. Some have been sketched out and waiting to be created. Some are just ideas floating in my head. 

With Valentine's Day coming up, I wanted you to have lots of options for gifties for your sweetie! Or maybe a special giftie for yourself.

For the first three items, I departed from the blond wood embroidery hoop and used this faux bois (fake woodgrain) hoop. The hoop is rubbery so it slips over the felt. So there is no screw clasp to tighten. I like the richer look especially paired with the ruby red felt for the next two pieces.


red-leafed botanical
This piece was inspired by nature and the colors of love: ruby red, shocking pink with a charcoal grey to ground it all.






ruby red blossom  

A sweet ruby red blossom that never wilts or dies. I love the two of them together!


And my third new hoop is a cupcake, of course! This time with a sugar-white heart as a topper.

heart felt cupcake

Give this to your sweetie: a yummy felt cupcake with a dollop of strawberry cream and a white sugar heart on top. 

And finally, I made some silvery grey felt flowers. This set of five includes: three rolled roses, one fringed flower with a white button center and a layered circle flower with fringed petals. The buttons are sewn on with a lavender thread. Would look lovely as a gift topper (as shown here.)

hand-made felt flowers
See my "simply krafty" tutorial here.


As always, I accept custom orders. If you like what you see, but want to tweak colors of felt or thread, please let me know at cayla73@yahoo.com. I'd be happy to work with you.
Pin It!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you think! I love reading your comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...