04 January 2012

so much felt, so little time


It seems like I can't keep up with all the new items I've been making for the shop. I credit the new supplies I've been collecting. Lots of new colors of felt. I am also experimenting with new brands of felt and blends. Up until now, I've used the eco-friendly felt available at both Joanns and Michaels. Although I do love many of the colors offered, the selection could be a lot better.

felt from Joanns: goldenrod, denim and fuchsia

So I've been doing some research on what other brands to buy, namely Paper Trey InkGiant Dwarf's Fancy Felt (a fellow Etsy seller) and Retromama (also on Etsy).

I actually had the paper trey ink felts on my Christmas wish list and got 6 rolls in ocean tides, vintage cream, autumn rose, and melon berry. This felt is 100% wool and come in rolls of  5 x 30 inches.

I used Paper Trey Ink felt in ocean tide, autumn rose and Fancy Felt in garnet and chestnut (trunk) - I'm not 100% about the exact color because I bought two packs together and the individual colors weren't labeled, but that's my best guess.

The Fancy Felt is eco-friendly, 30% wool and 70% viscose, and came in sheets of 9 x 12 inches.

I have one more order of wool-blend felt (wool and rayon) by retromama coming in. I couldn't resist....she was having a sale and I loved her color combos.

Since I last posted, I've put a dozen new items in the shop and two have already sold. And another 3 items on deck, waiting to be listed. So it's been a productive holiday break for me, to say the least.

Tomorrow, I'll post more about each item, but in case you can't wait, you can check them out in my shop right now.

Pin It!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you think! I love reading your comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...