18 August 2011

more from the show


memory pages | priceless



It seems every weekend I visit the cupcake shop where I'm exhibiting my work (now through September 30) that I add a bit more (a lot more) pieces. I did not realize how many pieces it takes to fill up a space! Last weekend, my trusty friend and curator, Hannah, and I hung some of my scrapbook work. Because scrapbooking has been such a huge part of my life for the past 5 or 6 years, it seemed fitting to include some of my favorites pages. Pages that touch on themes of everyday celebrations, love, cupcakes and babies. Pretty appropos for a cupcake shop where each cupcake baked, frosted, and eventually devoured is a mini-celebration in itself.

For about a dozen of the pages (both 12 x 12 and 8.5 x 11), I hung them in plastic sleeves, strung with kitchen twine and held in place with clothes pins. A casual presentation. For two pages, there are a bit more formal. I framed one in a black shadow box (which I use to display a few my pages at my home). Another page is digital scrapbook page that I had printed at Shutterfly as "mounted wall art".

you've been framed | priceless
For two other pieces ("you've been framed"),  I shrunk down several digital scrapbook pages and select photos and backed them with cardstock. I clipped them to twine with mini clothes pins and silver binder clips, which was then hung inside of empty vintage frames. I love the idea of displaying mini versions of my favorite pages and photos rather than full-size versions. Plus the photos and prints could be switched out whenever the mood struck. For this piece, I also clipped a hand-stitched heart in the corner.

mini felt flowers | 15.
Last weekend, I also priced each piece. Of course, the personal scrapbook pages are not for sale but everything else will have a tag like this one. And if you can't make it to the show, I will be putting everything on Etsy in October. (If you can't wait that long, please do contact me at catshycrafts@yahoo.com. We can work something out.)



Pin It!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you think! I love reading your comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...