17 August 2011

wallflowers

wallflowers | In the Making's It's A Start Template #7 (coming August 22) +
Cosmo Cricket's Hey Sugar Paper Pack (coming August 22)



Most of the paper I used for my paper art in Pretty Craft Show (and in my soon-to-be-opened Etsy shop) comes from my ever-expanding (but-not-so-much-lately) stash of scrapbooking paper. They come in so many different colors, patterns and styles, usually in 12 in. x 12 in. (the conventional size of scrapbook pages). I usually go for either a simple clean graphic style (like American Crafts) or the shabby chic, vintage, slightly roughed up style (like Cosmo Cricket). I'm also a fan of Cute (but never juvenile) graphics or hand-drawn illustration  (like Nancy Kubo or Designs by Lili).

More and more, scrapbook paper manufacturers are going digital. That is, offering their once paper-only products as digital paper for use in digital scrapbooking. So it was a happy coincidence that this particular paper line will soon be offered for digital use at JessicaSprague.com (where I am a Creative Team member) because I happened to use some of the paper for part of Pretty Craft Show installation.

So my two worlds collided. And I made a digital scrapbook page (with Photshop CS2) using digital papers and photos of the wallflowers that I made by hand using the paper papers. I also made my own digital embellishments. See the trio of flowers along the bottom? I extracted (basically cut and paste using the elliptical marquee tool) these from a photo that I took at the show).  I added a drop shadow and now they are custom-made embellishments to go on my digital page.

By the way, if you want to learn more about digital scrapbooking, JessicaSprague.com is the best place to go!





p.s. I replacde my banner the other day! It's a bit large, I know, but I really like how the cloud in my "purple rain" piece is a perfect place for adding words. And the purple and grey felt worked with the rest of my blog design.
Pin It!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you think! I love reading your comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...