23 July 2012

Urban Craft Uprising Recap (part 3)

Hello all! First, I wanted to thank everyone for visiting my Urban Craft Uprising recaps this past week. (A big thanks to UCU for sharing it on Twitter!) I am trying to tweet more and keep in touch through twitter, so I'd love for you to follow me. My handle is #catshycrafts. I'd love to follow you too, so please leave a comment with your twitter handle.

So here's my final installment of my UCU recap. (In case you missed the first two posts you can go here and here. Here we go!


1. Sweetium 2. UCU Merchandise Booth 3. Gather & Hunt 4. Miishka 5. Business cards collected at UCU 6. Pinyadayada 7. Umba Box 8. Simple Kraft

Miishka


This booth had beautiful bags on display. I didn't get to chat with the artist, but I loved how her booth was arranged. I loved how she had little cards with details about her bags and a photo of each bag - all in a vintage suticase.



And of course, her bags were gorgeous!



Miishka was also one of my favorite business cards that I collected at the fair. Letterpress on a square kraft cardstock. Beautiful!

Gather & Hunt

I was so happy to find another vintage booth at UCU. Something about seeing vintage pieces so artfully arranged (rather than jumbled and piled in bins at a typical thrift store) is so appealing. I only stopped at the Gather & Hunt booth for a few minutes (Sofia was getting antsy to get going), but I managed to take several photos of the vintage-y goodness including milk caps, cameras, postal scales and various curious looking glass bottles.

Totinette

The jewelry at Totinette caught my eye - strikingly saturated metal filigree earrings shared space with geometric wooden necklaces in natural tones.



Later when I was looking at Totinette's Etsy shop, I discovered that the artist, Torie co-organizes Crafty Wonderland, the craft show in Portland and owns a retail store by the same name! I would have loved to chat with her a bit.

via Totinette

These delicate fan earrings were one of my faves.

Pinyadayada


I loved this simple yet colorful booth with the pinatas taking center stage. The ruffled tablecloth and backdrop were perfect. I also loved the name! You won't forget anytime Pinyadayada soon.



I loved her logo and branding as well. You know, I love speech bubbles!



When I chatted with Sara at the booth, she mentioned that one of her friends did all the illustrations for her logo and website. What a talented friend!

Umba Box

I was excited to see Umba Box at UCU! I had recently discovered this monthly box of handmade goodies....and had just ordered July's Umba Box a few days before the fair. I chatted with one of the gals at the booth and gave her my business card. Super-nice! Sofia and I also partook in the free photobooth with eyeglasses and heart props.


Sweetium


Just love the name of this shop. To me, Sweetium conjures up sweet but sophisticated hand-made goodies. And that's just what the shop offers!




And check out her unique signage! A banner of cross-stitched letters using yarn. So lovely! And loving the layers of vintage tablecloth.




 Here is a closer look at some of my favorites from Allison's Etsy shop.

via Sweetium

via Sweetium


 

SimpleKraft

This booth was fun. There was a screenprinting demo where Sofia printed her own Space Needle on pink paper.

I picked up one of my own DIY Screenprinting kit. I can't wait to use it!



UCU Merchandise

And of course, before heading home I had to stop by the UCU Merchandise booth and pick up a few t-shirts. I bought one for Sofia for $15 and a previous year's shirt for Zara (on sale for $5).




So, that was my day at Urban Craft Uprising!

I really hope you enjoyed all the photos and taking a peek at the shops that I visited that day. I love love love UCU and hope to be at the next show in the winter. Sofia even wants to get in line early and try to get one of the goodie bags they give away to first hundred visitors. Will you be there?

Thanks for stopping by!
Pin It!

1 comments:

~amy~ said...

so much fun...lovin' the pics!

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you think! I love reading your comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...